Leading Offshore Wind Farm developer currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to be based in the UK for a major Offshore Wind Farm project on a long-term contract basis.
- Understand contract requirements including quality, programme, progress & milestones, payment schedule, invoicing and payment routines and how these relate to the work which the contractor is performing.
- Understanding the project’s operational obligations under the Contract.
- Understand the contractor’s real progress at all times and relate to the contract mechanisms.
- Administer and execute contract mechanisms for progress monitoring and reporting, invoicing and payment.
- Receive and verify contractor’s applications for payment.
- Issue payment certificates.
- Confirm acceptability of all payments as being in accordance with the contract.
- Interface with Project Controls and Contract Manager to ensure correct and timely reporting of cost and programme progress including milestone completion status, VoWD, actual invoiced, actual paid, forecast to completion.
- Control/verify correct/report OFTO/non-OFTO split for invoicing and payment
- Ensure final account is prepared, agreed and closed according to contract and assist in contract close out and take over activities with contractor.
- Support package contract manager in mitigating/avoiding potential contract claims and identifying and progressing potential project claims through knowledge of contract requirements and obligations above and facilitating exchanging information in the contractual formats, following the contract mechanisms and within the deadlines:
- Ensuring the project operation obligations are fulfilled.
- Reviewing/preparing contractor/client early warnings.
- Reviewing/preparing contractor/client proposals/variations/claims.
- Verify and update the commercial/administrative risks and opportunities in the contract.
- Review of relevant parts of the contractor’s monthly reports.
- Support package contract manager in general administration and management of the contract through execution including;
- Preparation of issues and grounding them in contractual positions.
- Review of incoming/drafting of outgoing contractual correspondence for agreement with the contract manager.
- Ensure regular contractor meetings covering these issues are held and documented.
- Provide input for internal monthly report for the contract.
- Provide input to the contract close out report, including supplier experience.
- Support identification of necessary systems and routines within the client’s organisation to ensure effective and efficient execution of the above activities.
- Reflect project HSE and business ethics in all activities.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Relevant qualification to Degree level.
- Technical or commercial qualifications within a relevant discipline.
apply for this now
+44 7710 074 615