Taylor Hopkinson is recruiting for a Renewables Development Engineer with a leading UK energy supplier.
The role will initially support the development of offshore projects, with the potential to progress to battery, solar, and onshore wind projects. Projects may come from in-house origination, project acquisition or secured via joint ventures with third parties.
The role will also be expected to provide support activities across various phases of project life-cycle as part of the wider Engineering team’s activities.
The Project Development Engineer is accountable for co-ordinating all aspects of engineering required to ensure the project can be delivered, constructed and operated with a competitive LCOE. This includes managing external consultants and internal specialists engaged to support our client's internal team and forecasting.
- Be a champion of Health and Safety policies
- Act as technical authority on the design of development projects in offshore wind and other technologies
- Ensure technical assumptions to achieve to Engineering Excellence and LCoE Optimisation
- Manage technical inputs from internal and external experts
- Ensure technical solutions allow construction and operation according to specification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical, Electrical, Maritime, Physics, Atmospheric Science, or related) from an accredited college or university
- Experience of H&S legislation and CDM regulations
- Experience providing technical support to commercial functions
- Experience of and the ability to represent the interests of local business unit with senior internal/external stakeholders including statutory bodies and trade associations.
- Proven ability to manage engineering contractors
- Proven ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Proven ability to work with international teams
apply for this now
+1 800 792 3980