Leading offshore wind developer currently seeking a SCADA Engineer to be based in Edinburgh working on a major offshore wind project on a long-term freelance contract.
- Coordination of the implementation of SCADA systems for turbine customer projects worldwide.
- Manage SCADA process both internally and externally from project prioritisation until handover to client/O&M.
- Participating in customer meetings.
- Meeting agreed deadlines, by tracking and updating the milestones of the SCADA project.
- Design of SCADA solution based on customer requirements and creation of Bill of Material.
- Key member of SCADA project team (SCADA Configuration, SCADA Technician, Network specialist).
- Create SCADA design documentation based on input from contract and customer requirements.
- Handle variation orders for additional functionality requested by the customer.
- Management of open issues of customer projects (snag list).
- Coordinate technical support to project organization during installation, commissioning and SAT (Site Acceptance Test).
- Create as build documentation.
- Identifying issues and creating solutions for improving wind farm SCADA systems.
- Liaising with other stakeholders such as Sales Lead, Customer representatives, PM, Installation manager, Engineering Department, Purchasing Department & External suppliers.
- Strong technical background with a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Previous experience with SCADA systems.
- Previous experience in Offshore Wind environment.
apply for this now
+44 7710 074 615