Scada & Protection Engineer require for major offshore wind farm developer. This is a contract role based in the UK.
- Ensure overarching cross-project approach to SCADA system design is implemented that recognises and reflects all interfaces and dependencies.
- Develop and maintain a SCADA system design basis that reflects the cross-project approach.
- Ensure SCADA system design work undertaken for the project is undertaken using appropriate methods and is confirmed to be in accordance with applicable standards and project requirements.
- Development of operational SCADA plans and procedures for backup and restoration of systems and provide technical input for contingency plans.
- Develop and maintain an overarching cross-project SCADA system integration and commissioning plan to ensure successful delivery of a complete system in support of wind farm handover to operations and transmission asset handover to the appointed OFTO.
- Review engineering documentation, feasibility, compliance and ensure deliverables meet with ICOL requirements.
- Perform all duties with a strong emphasis on health and safety, quality and environmental. compliance and continuous improvement.
- Quality management of SCADA system manufacturing and commissioning/testing process.
- Provide technical support concerning the design and implementation of the SCADA system.
- Attend contractor meetings and represent the company’s interests in SCADA system related issues.
- Attend supplier FAT, SAT and commissioning of OSS, OSP and WTG control systems.
- Setup emergency response procedures for SCADA.
- Develop and contribute to requirements for the delivery of technical and safety training.
- Prepare and develop technical specifications for work packages and provide specialist SCADA support to other work packages where requested.
- Supporting the Grid Code compliance process including coordination of testing and the OFTO asset transfer process.
- Working knowledge of SCADA protocols, IEC 61850, IEC 104, MODBUS TCP etc.
- Relevant renewables experience of SCADA projects and experience in design of control and protection schemes for power plants is essential.
- Relevant experience in commissioning of substations and power plants.
- Knowledge of WTG SCADA control systems and project management experience.
- Experience of specifying control systems and testing in a substation environment.
- Specific experience of offshore wind projects and the interfaces associated with multipackage project delivery is desirable.
- Knowledge of wind farm operations, wind farm control and protection, the associated SCADA system and telecommunications network infrastructure requirements is essential.
- Knowledge of the standards associated with SCADA system design of grid connected power projects is essential.
- Knowledge of the design, installation and testing of fiber optic communication systems/networks is required.
- Knowledge of the design and installation of low voltage electrical systems and of electrical control and protection system design/study/analysis processes and techniques is desirable.
- Specific knowledge of the Grid Code compliance process, experience in managing compliance and knowledge of the UK offshore transmission regulatory scheme is desirable.
apply for this now
+44 7710 074 615