Your main responsibility as a SCADA Network Engineer will be to ensure that the SCADA Infrastructure will be operated in an IT-secure and cost competitive way and to ensure that data is available via the data centre during the wind farms lifetime. In cooperation with your colleagues, you will focus on operations of both on & offshore wind portfolio’s once the sites been handed to Operations & Maintenance, collaborating closely with colleagues in the project design & delivery teams.
- Develop and operate standard solutions for the wind farm network.
- Support the operational fleet of wind farms by handling technical network communication tasks.
- Pre-define scope and lead subcontractors on defined assignments supporting the O&M of the network equipment.
- Ensure configuration and network equipment is up to date and that the integration of data to the centralized data centers are functional.
- Contribute to an increased Technical IT safety level and ensure the wind farms are in a safe condition meeting Vattenfall and other regulative requirements.
- Daily operational tasks, with monitoring and optimization of our running network solutions.
- Ensure documentation is being developed and kept up to date.
- Able to participate in a 24/7 on-call duty
- Strong HSE culture, with a strong commitment to contribute to the development and delivery of inherently safer wind farm projects.
- Strong commitment to IT Security by design and Information security governance (ISO and ITEL).
- B.Sc or M.Sc in the areas of data or electrical engineering.
- Experience in developing technologies from concept to commercial availability, with specific knowledge in the following.
- Security network solutions Cisco and Check Point based.
- Able to configure and operate high-available networks.
- Familiar with the switching and routing protocols, and have knowledge of multicast.
- Knowledge of Industrial networks like: Hirschmann, Cisco and RuggedCom (Siemens).
- Knowledge of Voice over IP and line of sight communication.
- Preferably experience with SCADA related protocols like OPC, IEC60870-5-104, Modbus.
- Experience with traffic analyzes.
- Familiar with renewable energy technologies, preferably on-and offshore wind.
- Good English language skills. Danish/German language skills an advantage.
- Flexible approach to travel and working offshore.
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160