Leading offshore wind farm developer currently seeking a Senior Contracts Manager to be based in the UK on a long-term contract overseeing the Electrical Package of a major offshore wind farm project.
- Ensure suitable safety standards are built into all contracts.
- Lead procurement process to appointment of the Package contractor (ITT, evaluation, contract negotiation).
- Ensure the procurement activities are adequately resourced.
- Propose and monitor compliance to the procurement strategy for the package.
- Develop commercial and ITT documentation.
- Monitor the development of the contract technical documentation by Engineering.
- Monitor the development of the contract terms and condition by Legal.
- Act as primary point of contact for tenderers during procurement.
- Support / Lead procurement of services and goods for the package as required.
- Ensure quality and HSE standards are included in contracts and met.
- Responsible for day-to-day running of the main contracts through to handover; ensure successful contract closure.
- Know and understand the contract including matters such as scope of work, programme, prices and rates, key personnel; terms and conditions and appendices.
- Ensure contractual deliverables are met and contract interfaces are managed.
- Claims prevention and contract management; observation of response times and processes; ensuring timely response to any issues raised by contractors.
- Commercially administer the contract including where applicable: Notices and Instructions; Applications; Invoicing and Payment; Variations and Changes; Disputes and Claims; Delays, Extensions of Time, Force Majeure; Liquidated Damages; Bonds and Guarantees; Intellectual Property Rights; Termination; Progress Monitoring and Financial Reviews; Liabilities; and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Manage all contract commercial correspondence and contractual notices issued in accordance with the contract conditions and the project commercial/contract procedures.
- Report efficiently and effectively on contractual issues having the potential to materially threaten the overall program or price.
- Identify all procurement and contractual risks, prepare summaries and propose action plan to eliminate / mitigate/transfer.
- Intervene, analyze, manage and resolve business conflicts between the project and contractors.
- Interface directly and without support with key contractors to discuss commercially sensitive issues.
- Problem solving at a strategic level, working with other team members to reach a resolution.
- Ensure all contractual / commercial records are filed and maintained.
- Share and record lessons learned.
- Extensive experience in contract management
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with contractor companies
- Proven negotiation experience, ability to keep calm in difficult situations
- Exposure to EPC and large CAPEX projects with a good track record, ideally including offshore wind projects and/or FIDIC contracts
- Strong commercial and cost/value awareness
- Good reporting skills with extensive knowledge of cost/change
Apply for this Now
+44 7860 776 249