Senior Project Developer – Solar – Charlotte, NC
Taylor Hopkinson are working with a global renewable energy Developer and IPP of Solar, Wind and Hydroelectric projects. Our client develops both Utility scale and C&I projects and has a portfolio of over 2.5GW. We are looking to source experienced Project Developer to lead the origination and development of Solar PV projects across the US. This role will be based in Charlotte, NC with country travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Originating large scale solar and wind opportunities across the US
- Developing projects through to final shovel-ready stage.
- Maintaining contact with land or property owners, permitting agencies and utilities.
- Suitable site selection for rooftop and ground-mount projects
- Contracts negotiation
- Managing permitting with relevant agencies at all levels.
- Promotion of solar and wind projects with potential buyers through marketing
- Negotiate PPA’s with utilities and other energy buyers.
- Reviewing and choosing grid connection options
- Coordination with technical team for feasibility and delivery of the project.
- Meet advisors throughout project development such as legal, technical and environmental advisors.
- Work with finance department during financial feasibility analysis, evaluation and finance.
- Responsible for budget and project reporting
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience in full project life-cycle such as ratemaking, ancillary services, integrated resource planning, power flow, production economic dispatch, cost modeling, reliability, etc.
- Familiarity with relevant codes and regulations.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience and proficient with PVsyst, SAM, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel (advanced user), MS Project, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, grid modeling programs (e.g. PROSYM, PLEXOS, ETAP, PSSE).
- Strong communication skills for internal and external management.
- Relevant degree in related field. (MSc., BSc, Meng, BEng etc.)
- Previous experience in utility-scale solar PV and energy storage systems
- Willing to travel throughout the US up to 30% of time
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160