We are recruiting the role of Senior Geotechnical Engineer with a global leader in the offshore wind sector. Our client is looking for a high-calibre candidate to take a lead role in geotechnical design for offshore wind turbine foundations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of geotechnical activities related to the planning, development, design and construction of offshore wind farms.
You will be the geotechnical expert on an array of projects related to offshore geotechnical engineering, including large offshore wind farm developments, R&D projects (in collaboration with both internal and external parties) and in-house software development. You will take ownership of several complex tasks and will be expected to actively engage yourself in technical discussions and challenge the status quo.
- Perform detailed geotechnical design tasks with the aim of implementing novel foundation designs and mature new design strategies.
- Develop in-house design tools capable of solving complex geotechnical problems related to detailed foundation design.
- Use purpose-built or commercially available software for analysis of complex soil-structure interaction problems.
- Prepare detailed geotechnical reports and memoranda with the aim of having geotechnical parameters and design methods approved by a Certification Body.
- Closely collaborate with people from different engineering disciplines within the Foundations group, e.g. structural, loads and installation departments, with the goal of executing state of the art foundation design and collaboratively developing new foundation solutions.
The role will involve engagements with key stakeholders across all seniority levels within Wind Power Operations and across the wider business to ensure strong alignment of the change projects and strategic direction.
- Significant years experience within the field of offshore geotechnical engineering.
- MSc or a PhD in civil/geotechnical engineering (or equivalent).
- Strong understanding of soil-structure interaction.
- Possess excellent leadership and communication skills – being able to communicate in a confident and clear way to both peers and superiors.
- Have computer programming experience with various software packages, e.g. MATLAB .
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Proactive nature and drive to create visible results.
apply for this now
+1 800 792 3980