Senior HV Cable Engineer
Major offshore wind developer recruiting for Senior HV Cable Engineer in the HV Cable department where you’ll be responsible for the supply and termination works of subsea high-voltage (HV) cables from 66kV to 220kV. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to the cable systems for offshore wind farms.
We offer you a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of very experienced engineers and acquire an international network, as you’ll be working closely with colleagues across Europe.
This position can be based in London or Denmark.
- Oversee the technical part of the tender process for the procurement of subsea cables.
- Lead the development of technical levers in collaboration with cable suppliers for optimising costs and time schedules.
- Manage the design, manufacturing and testing as well as quality assurance of cables and accessories.
- Monitor and report on project progress, manage risks and resolve issues as well as coordinating with contractors and the construction team to meet project deadlines.
- Manage changes in scope, schedule and costs and negotiate with internal stakeholders and contractors on how to proceed.
- manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- Experience within high-voltage cables and accessories
- Preferably have experience leading a team of engineers within a project organisation
- Good communicator and speak and write English fluently
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, and you thrive on having a dynamic workday.
- Strong relationship builder who thrives in international team.
- Project management certification advantageous.
- Helpful if you are familiar with submarine cable standards- CIGRE, IEC, ICEA and FIDIC.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160