The Senior/Principal Consultant will lever their existing network to prospect and develop leads and convert consultancy assignment opportunities and work on and/or project manage consultancy assignments for electrical design, grid connection, and general engineering of offshore wind farms. Manage the teams of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work, including both our client's staff and third parties.
The initial key objective for this role will be to develop the capability within our client's business and prospect, win and deliver initial assignments. The opportunity for the holder of this role is to grow a team within the company's office network.
This role can be based in London or Scotland. The position is office based with flexibility to working hours. Occasional onsite attendance is expected.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Work as technical lead on projects to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established
- Represent our client as a key domain expert, sharing knowledge and experience to support the wider development of competencies within the business to enhance overall assignment execution to clients
- Generate and prospect leads – Including representing the business at conferences, seminars and meetings to establish business development leads and to market to prospective clients
- Follow up on leads to generate new work
- Independently prepare tenders and proposals
- Consult on all matters of due diligence of procurement tenders and connection offers, technical studies of power systems, optimisation studies, technical problem solving, owner’s engineering, design work and cost-benefit analysis for offshore wind electrical systems and infrastructure
- Responsible for keeping projects on budget and on schedule
- Attend regular internal meetings and external/third-party meetings as required
- Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies
- Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients
- Maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work product
- Mentor and support less experienced team members
- Identify and communicate relevant technological developments or regulatory changes which may impact the business or provide new opportunities
- Qualified to degree standard in Electrical Engineering.
- First or upper second-class honors degree.
- Chartered member of a relevant professional institutional body.
- Significant experience of working in an engineering / renewables consultancy with large projects, working on offshore or renewable related project work
- Experience of consulting, advising or designing renewable energy projects
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of offshore wind projects.
- Experience of conducting lenders technical advisor assignments.
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Expert in the use of the MS office package.
- Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of offshore wind farms with specialist knowledge of O&M and Asset Management.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Familiar with commercial and contractual issues and able to provide guidance to OWC clients.
- Good sales and business development techniques.
- Project orientated with a keen interest and knowledge of offshore wind farm industry and project managements.
- Project management ability, qualification desirable.
- Project management qualification.
- Understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance, M&A markets, regulatory/policy matters).
- Expert in the use of software: Matlab, Visual Basic and MathCAD.
Behavioural Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team player with pro-active approach.
- Outgoing and pragmatic with strength of character.
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work.
- Well organised, self-directed & insightful.
- Good English communication skills and excellent report writing skills.
- Proficiency in other European languages (French, German, etc.) or Mandarin, Japanese or Korean, is an advantage.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160