Offshore Wind – Senior Project Manager
What's the role?
We're growing our New Energies and Offshore Wind portfolio by developing new sites and through buying into projects started by others.
The offshore wind market is growing in size and competitiveness particularly in NW Europe. As it matures we want a fresh look at project design, execution and operations, both technically and commercially.
That's why we're now looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead our Offshore Wind construction activities and who also contributes to early development with a full asset lifecycle mind-set.
What will you do?
You'll set project management strategies and you'll also nurture several opportunities with various partners and contractors using different contracting models. Here's a list of some of the duties for this role:
- You'll act as the technical lead and develop the construction project strategies, and help negotiate the contracts with our suppliers
- You’ll look after investor interests, including the interplay between financing requirements, changing project ownership, and supplier agreements. When we invest with a partner you’ll be reporting to a Joint Venture Board as Project Director.
- You'll influence the design for the construction of the windfarm, now and towards innovative approaches for the future
- You’ll ensure that lessons learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project and included within the close-out
- You’ll plan, develop and organize the construction initiatives in order to implement the execution of the most cost-effective and safe plans to timely completion and within budget
What we need from you
You are an offshore wind project manager with in-depth experience in that arena, best proven by having constructed at least two offshore wind projects. You're the type of person who's happy growing great working relationships with both contractors and investors. And you’re looking forward to add your offshore wind construction expertise into design and project development teams.
- Be someone who understands and empathises with key external decision makers and who is able to influence other partners from both inside and outside the project
- Be comfortable adapting to changing circumstances in a team where not all roles are well defined from the start
- Be able to cover a wide scope of activities and priorities
- Be someone who can nurture strong working relationships with external parties. This could include commercial partners, regulators, industry associations, banks, and investors.
What we offer you:
- At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach
- Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
Read more about a women's perspective here
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.
Read more about how Shell support people with an impairment here
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160