You will work in our client's expanding offshore wind business area. Our markets within offshore wind includes Europe, Taiwan and the USA, so you can expect to be involved in projects worldwide.
Over the last two decades, our client has
- engineered and constructed one of the largest portfolio of offshore high voltage substations in Northern Europe.
- performed multiple front-end engineering studies comprising concept studies for complete offshore wind grid connections covering the complete balance of plant (i.e. design optimisation and layout of subsea cabling, onshore substations, offshore substations and in general high voltage offshore transmission design).
You will manage offshore wind engineering study packages from early clarification and proposal to the client to delivering on the studies. You will be a vital part in fuelling growth within engineering studies and take it to a new level . To be successful, it is key that you maintain and further develop partnerships at a global level to ensure that our client can be the successful lead on complete interdisciplinary wind farm grid connection engineering studies.
A typical large-scale concept study, where you are in the lead position supported by engineers and collaborating companies, could involve delivering concepts within some of the areas listed below:
- Overall single line architecture for the offshore wind farm,
- Grid studies and determination of ideal transmission voltage levels
- Design and layout of offshore substation and onshore substation
- Design and layout of the export and array cable routing
- Design of offshore substation topside structure incl. jacket/monopile
- Seabed, metocean and soil evaluations
- Technical requirements
- CAPEX/OPEX budget
- EPC project schedule
You have experience from the offshore wind industry and hold a Bachelor or a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or you carry another relevant background. You have good communication skills to ensure a professional relationship with your stakeholders and carry a mindset of delivering to a high standard. Furthermore, you will enjoy sharing your knowledge with your colleagues in the project team and in your department. As we operate in a highly international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently.
We will be flexible regarding your working location and you may choose freely to be based in our in the greater Copenhagen area or Esbjerg. You should expect to enjoy some 30-45 days of travelling per year.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160