Senior Wind Analyst
The Sr. Wind Analyst will be responsible for meteorological campaigns, layout design, turbine selection and optimization of wind farms. In this role you will conduct wind resource analysis on multiple projects managing data collection and quality control, wind energy production estimates, turbine suitability and power performance testing. It is essential to have ability to be work collaboratively as part of a team providing support though all the stages of a project including greenfield, M&A, development, project finance, construction and operations. This position offers opportunities to establish best practice processes and tools.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, detailed oriented, strong communication skills and the ability to multitask.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Design meteorological campaigns for wind resource assessment. Coordinate with contractors and development the installation and maintenance of meteorological campaigns. Quality control data. Microsite meteorological equipment on-site.
• Conduct wind resource and energy analysis of new and operating wind farms. Support O&M in operational performance evaluation. Manage third party energy assessments.
• Recommend turbine options and manage turbine suitability assessment and power performance testing with OEMs.
• Develop optimized turbine layouts for levelized cost of energy. Performs geospatial analysis using GIS software to identify setbacks and design a turbine layout. Conduct on-site micrositing of turbines.
• Provide technical support on IE reports, TSA, EPC contracts, project finance and M&A.
• Stay apprised of current and emerging research and trends in the field of Wind Resource Assessment. Develop new tools, procedures and templates.
* Minimum of three years related experience.
* Degree in Meteorology, Engineering or Physics. Master degree preferred.
* Detail orientated and effectively manages multiple projects.
* Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills.
* Proficient with Wind Resource software such as: Openwind, WindPro, WasP, CFD models
* Ability to travel 10% – 20% of the time.
* Technical competence in Matlab, Excel and GIS preferred.
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160