The Structural Engineer will provide Civil/Structural engineering expertise for all offshore infrastructure, including turbine and substation foundations, topsides, meteorological masts, ports and cable installation.
- Provide input at all stages of project delivery, including development, design, fabrication, installation, commissioning, and monitoring.
- Working alongside development, commercial, construction and O&M functions within the business to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Review the interpretation of geophysical and geotechnical data and the specification of design parameters to integrate results into foundations design.
- Review the interpretation of metocean data and the definition of wave and current design parameters to be considered during design and construction of the offshore wind farms.
- Manage design studies for wind turbine foundations, covering monopiles, jackets, gravity bases, topsides and offshore substation foundations to allow the tendering of the different construction packages.
- Undertake foundations package management and other related project management roles.
- Contribute to technical bid reviews and tender evaluations for multiple survey, design and construction packages to recommend preferred bidders according to their technical capabilities.
- Manage the structural certification process with independent verification bodies to comply with regulatory policies and to get financial or insurance support.
- Manage inspection and commissioning of structural aspects of all offshore plant.
- Educated to Degree level in civil or structural engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered or approaching chartered status.
- Knowledge and experience of the offshore/marine engineering sector is essential.
- Experience of structural analysis techniques and knowledge of the design and fabrication of large steel and concrete structures is essential.
- Design or construction project management experience.
- Good knowledge of industry offshore regulations, codes and standards.
- Experience of construction contracts and the procurement process.
- Flexible to travel around the UK and overseas
apply for this now
+1 800 792 3980