VP / MD, Energy Solutions – Commercial Lead
Taylor Hopkinson are working with a leading investor and developer of renewable energy projects globally to appoint a SVP/MD of Energy Solutions for one of the world leaders within the renewable energy investment space.
You will be responsible for identifying and driving business opportunities in the commercial and industrial space from conception to realization, across energy procurement and distributed energy resources, including energy storage and electric mobility. As such, you will bring deep expertise, vision, and an active professional network in the C&I space. Beyond identifying and driving opportunities, you will help define and refine strategy/planning and serve as a focal point for global collaboration with internal stakeholders and external entities.
The role will be based in our London office, and travel will be required.
- Lead the origination of Energy Technology and Customer Solutions opportunities from companies and channel partners;
- Develop deep relationships with supply chain partners (technical, M&V, OEM);
- Lead the execution of Energy Technology and Customer Solutions opportunities throughout the transaction process including investment committee papers, modelling, financial analysis, legal negotiation and documentation, financial close, portfolio hand-over;
- Assist in managing deal team personnel and workload;
- Take the lead for Energy Solutions team initiatives and product development;
- Structuring and executing broader distributed energy deals, including storage and e-mobility;
- Attend relevant industry events to enhance the reputation of GIG Energy Solutions.
- A relevant university degree, preferably with a MBA;
- Relevant work experience gained in business development/sales, investment banking, investment management, project finance, corporate finance or similar backgrounds;
- Must have had some exposure to the UK Renewables or Clean Energy market or Industry Sector deal experience;
- Strong origination and execution transaction track record in the corporate sector;
- Experience in managing deal teams;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- A self-motivated, committed work ethic and a drive for perfection as well as keen attention to detail;
- Excellent problem solving and analytic ability;
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure;
- Strong data management and research skills.
- Demonstrably passionate about renewables, storage and energy technology.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160