Taylor Hopkinson is recruiting for a Technical Expert (Array Cable Installation) to work for a leading developer of offshore wind power.
This role can be located in London, Hamburg, Kolding or Amsterdam.
- Focus on all marine operations related to the installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG) for development projects.
- Deliver T&I budget estimates for development projects.
- Provide tendering documents for bids and negotiate and finalize installation logistics contracts.
- Participate in planning meetings with the development team and align with the managers of the main asset contracts.
- Manage the provision of budget estimates and corresponding fact books for mainly installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG) as well as for construction management.
- Coordinate and oversee the delivery of pre-qualification material of bids related to installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG).
- Manage the delivery of tendering documents related to the installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG).
- Manage and participate in contract negotiation and finalization of contracts on the installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG).
- Manage that lessons learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project and included within the project close-out. Update the lessons learnt database and ensure that lessons learnt are shared and implemented within the organization.
- Ensure that processes within the work package are standardized. Suggest and develop new procedures, checklists etc. where required.
- Constantly lead the Change Management work and ensure the optimal project/business case decisions.
- Other relevant ad-hoc projects or duties as required by Construction Support.
- Provide and implement strategic input and support cross-project developments to improve our client’s construction management approach related to marine operations with the goal to make our client become the leader in “Levelized Energy Costs” (LEC).
- Liaise with the line management team organization, share knowledge and information, assist monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
- Bachelor/Master engineering degree, with in-depth IAC installation knowledge. Additionally, strong experience within the field of offshore installation operations / marine operations.
- Offshore and onshore project development experience or significant understanding of principles and practices.
- Knowledge about offshore installation vessels (e.g. cable laying).
- Knowledge about cable installation from floating foundations is a plus
- Experience with marine risk management.
- Knowledge about budgeting and developing cost estimates for marine operations in offshore wind industry.
- Tendering and contract negotiation skills.
- Experience in FIDIC / LOGIC / BIMCO contracts.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Good English language skills.
- Ability to work in an international environment.
- Well organized and structured work approach
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160