As the Technical Lead in Shell New Energies Wind, you will play a pivotal role in this growing business: the technical team will be supporting global opportunity maturation. The technical engineering work is essential to support healthy investment decisions.
You will start in a team of 30-50 colleagues with an ambition to grow to low hundreds. The wind team currently operates as an integrated team with a strong new business/startup mentality. You need to work in the context of a low cost, fast moving environment with many uncertainties (sometimes requiring the extra hours or out-of-comfort tasks in support of team objectives). You will need to be willing and able to challenge conventional thinking and approaches that have become common place in Shell and in the Wind Industry to arrive at innovative, fit for purpose and effective ways of working.
This role involves all technical disciplines focused on opportunity maturation and project delivery:
- Discipline Engineering (turbine, offshore structures, electrical, yield, metocean)
- Project Engineering (safety, project management, project execution, project services (cost, schedule, risk, reporting).
You will lead this team of technical engineers, and in this role you are expected to cooperate with the wider Wind Development and Operations teams, and key discipline departments elsewhere in Shell as required, to secure additional support as needed.
- Drive safe and efficient delivery of the projects
- Optimize technical design commensurate with location physical and commercial constraints and possibilities
- Develop fit for purpose project execution strategy, and a lean operations & maintenance strategy
- Drive down project costs though commercial engagement with key suppliers (in conjunction with Contracting and Procurement team)
- Support Project Managers with (non-technical) risk assessment and management, and meeting internal and external stakeholder expectations as required.
- Develop key relations with the delivery contractors in this business segment
- Further develop capabilities within the technical engineering community and further resource when required.
You will be part of the leadership team with Business Development, Valuation and Projects as your colleagues reporting to the VP
- Significant relevant experience in an engineering leadership role in the offshore wind sector
- Strong Engineering Manager with an eye for project management or a strong Project Manager with an eye for discipline engineering.
- Experience in contracting/procurement is a plus
- Proven track record in working in joint ventures is a plus
- Working in an integrated multifunctional, commercially oriented team.
- Used to working with globally dispersed teams.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160