Taylor Hopkinson is seeking a commercially minded and dynamic Workplace Health Safety & Environment (WHSE) Manager. We recognise the importance and value of WHSE, and we are looking for an experienced individual to help embed WHSE practices and behaviours across the solar business and assets in the region.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of the WHSE Management System, ensuring compliance with WHSE legislation, industry best practice and guidance, and owner requirements.
- Develop and deliver training and other initiatives to implement WHSE management system requirements and initiatives to build WHSE culture in the organisation.
- Provide WHSE support to teams to ensure that WHSE risks are considered and managed throughout the lifecycle of projects, including early stage site assessments, design WHSE reviews, contractor assessments, construction and O&M support.
- Support teams during tenders and contractual discussions associated with WHSE
- Oversee contractor WHSE performance via contractor assessments, reviewing site specific WHSE plans, inspections and audits. Build WHSE culture by ongoing engagement
- Lead incident investigations to identify root causes and prevent recurrence
- As part of the Management Team, report and advise on WHSE and actions required to enhance performance
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a WHSE professional in either an internal or external advisory capacity or as part of a broader operations role, with exposure to infrastructure/renewables/resources and the solar sector.
- Have strong knowledge and experience of implementation and working with teams during development, construction and operational phases of projects.
- Experienced in working on multiple projects, working in different jurisdictions across Asia and with small scale contractors
- Hold appropriate tertiary qualifications in WHS&E Auditor qualification and/ or a detailed understanding of OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to engage with both internal and external
- Excellent communication skills- verbal, written, presentations
- Excellent IT skills- experience of working with Microsoft Office- Word, Excel,
- Excellent time management skills, ability to support multiple projects, self-starter, problem solver
- Ability to speak local language and knowledge of local WHSE legislation
apply for this now