Job ID 22328
Accountant required for Major Offshore Wind Farm in the Northeast.
The Accountant position will report into the Finance Controller through a direct reporting relationship with a Senior Accountant. This role will support to ensure maintenance of the company's system of accounts and ensure all transactions and assets are properly accounted for in the company's books and records.
- The accountant will participate in the month-end process and in operating financial controls that ensures financial records and reporting are in compliance with legal requirements and IFRS standards.
- Financial month-end and quarter end reporting.
- Each month, controls actual and committed costs logged into the ERP accounting system (WBS allocation, amount, and phasing vs. budget), updates the budget forecast, maintains a dynamic budget file that can be used for various forecast needs and cash calls.
- Controls / Contributes to entries into ERP accounting system for Purchase Orders, Good Receipts, and Invoice Payment for major contracts.
- Performances regular analyses of spend against approved budget.
- Controls the time-writing process (integrated in ERP) and ensures compliance by resources in Shell and EDFR.
- Support Balance Sheet reconciliation process.
- Support accrual sessions with cost engineer and maintain good understanding of the activities completed for selected scope.
- Finance implementation
- Supports the Senior Accountant with day-to-day Finance implementation work that is ongoing.
- Supports the Senior Accountant in implementing continuous improvement, changes in systems and processes and controls.
- Support Accounting team in other controllership relating activities, such as Accounts Payables.
- Finance focal point for document control.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Senior Accountant and Finance Controller.
- At least a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or Business is required.
- Preferably hold/be pursuing Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or Chartered Accountant licensure.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting work experience.
- Any experience with offshore wind a significant competitive advantage.
- Interested in energy transition.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to work successfully with multiple people from all types of fields of expertise.
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated potential for growth within organization.