Analysis Team Leader
An established renewables consultancy is looking for an Analysis Team Lead to manage a team undertaking analysis of wind data and operational data to predict the energy output of pre-construction and operational wind farm projects across the globe for a variety of clients. You will conduct technical analyses, as required, particularly with respect to complex assignments where a high level of expertise and experience is necessary.
You will also assist in the Analysis Team's business development activities, as well as the development of project controls and project delivery methodology.
This is a full time permanent position with fully remote working available.
- Delegate projects and assign resource to enable the delivery of projects as required.
- Define and develop a robust reporting strategy for the team to enable consistency, timely issue reporting and accurate project status reporting.
- Review summarised information regarding the project's financial status and progress to assess if projects are on track for successful completion and raise concerns with PMs for their resolution.
- Compliance with H&S legislation, company and any specific site requirements by Analysis Team.
- Timely reporting of all H&S incidents or concerns by PM and project team. Where required, completion of all relevant risk assessment and method statements (RAMS) prior to undertaking works by Analysis Team.
- Monitor and report on the financial status of all Analysis Team projects.
- Ensure the profitability of the team is maximised by minimising non-chargeable time.
- Financial performance review of Analysis team projects, as required.
- Review of team's billability and booking to non-chargeable codes to maximise revenue/profit.
- Upwardly report on the status of proposals, projects, and opportunities.
- Disseminate company information and required working practices to the Analysis Team as required.
- Identify and carry out business development activities to support the winning of new work.
- Review of project proposal information to aid in winning new work.
- Implement a suite of project controls to enable efficient and accurate monitoring of the internal and external aspects of projects.
- Follow internal quality procedures and standards.
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop direct reports to optimise performance and employee capability.
- Degree in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, meteorology).
- Significant previous experience of working in an engineering consultancy/developer environment.
- Significant previous experience in analysis/energy yield assessment focused role.
- Previous experience of developing renewable energy systems technology projects.
- Significant project management and controls experience.
- Significant experience working in a client facing role and managing stakeholders at all levels of the business internally and externally.
- Previous contract management.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and allocate suitable resources.
- Ability to prepare and write high quality concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders.
- Ability to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and produce good quality management data for director level decision making.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills to allow delivery of tasks in a logical and methodical manner.
- Ability to operate at all levels of a business and convey detailed project information in a concise manner.
- Post-graduate qualification in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. renewable energy, sustainability, meteorology).
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models.
- Familiarity with SCADA data processing.
- Programming capability, particularly in Python language.
- Experience in delivering multiple multi-disciplinary projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience in managing a small team, including aspects of recruitment, training and development.