Appraisal Engineer/Project Manager
The Appraisal Engineer/Project Manager will be part of a new global offshore wind projects team with one of the world's leading energy developers.
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented offshore wind project engineer or project manager with experience in front-end engineering and ambitions to be part of a new and fast-growing team with one of the most important players in the global renewable energy transition.
The role is on a full-time, staff basis working from a London office.
Lead an appraisal project team to develop and deliver concept selection for offshore wind projects, decision making under uncertainty, creation of the plan and handover to delivery team to achieve safe, cost effective, quality project execution, inherently safe and environmentally robust business and development cases, which are fully integrated and satisfy company requirements and the expectations of stakeholders while balancing technical, operational and commercial constraints.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for understanding, framing and screening opportunities, then progressing internally or to third-party for execution
- Collaborate to support other functions and Business areas to bring Projects expertise and business integration skills across relevant business groups.
- Deliver the Appraisal Management activities, implementing best practice at all times.
- Support technical benchmarking, development assessments and rapid screening process.
- Powerful collaboration, integration and influencing capability to support delivery without line accountability.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or Finance.
- Experience of projects (for example: candidates from an engineering background experience in Optimise/FEED/detailed design, construction, installation and operations support OR for candidates with a non-engineering background equivalent Project Experience in their discipline).
- Understand HSE expectations and standards; and demonstrate genuine commitment and safety.
- In Screening stage, lead cross-functional assessment of business opportunities.
- In Concept Development stage, confirm business case viability of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across functions and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Able to define and prioritise issues and solve problems through focused effort and networking with other team members/external stakeholders.
- Proven technically competency in a core engineering discipline.
- Performance manage others (including. 3rd party engineering services providers).