Array Cable Engineer
Array Cable Engineer
Job ID 7742
Array Cables Engineer to work on for a leading developer on a major offshore wind farm project, to be based in the UK on a long term contract basis
- Oversee the array cable contractors throughout the project life cycle, including management of contractors' scope of works associated with the design, supply and installation of subsea cables.
- Management of a wide range of risks in areas including: health and safety, program, cost, quality and compliance with technical specifications.
- Management of the engineering work to be delivered by appointed contractors to program and budget, including development of project requirements/specifications and review/acceptance of contractor deliverables.
- Deliverables will include: cable system design development; cable route and burial design development; cable installation design development; and vessel assurance measures.
- Discharge of consent conditions associated with the inter array cable works.
- Quality management of the cable manufacture and testing process.
- Management and safe delivery of the construction phase of the inter array cable works, including:
- Construction procedure review and approval; marine warranty approval process; coordination of offshore representatives; management of as-installed documentation package and taking over/handover process.
- Liaison with other work packages and functions within the project team in order to deliver the package and manage interfaces.
- Engineering Degree
- Direct experience of subsea cable design, manufacture and installation is essential.
- Experience in offshore wind farm subsea cable project engineering/package management is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of offshore working, e.g. in a client representative or offshore engineer capacity, is preferred.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation (including the CDM regulations) and best practice is essential.
- Knowledge of standards/regulations and best practice associated with the design and installation of subsea power cables essential.
- Knowledge of cable installation techniques and associated areas such as remedial protection is essential.
- Specific knowledge of cable route engineering and associated areas including project surveying is essential.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical design of subsea cables is required.
- Specific knowledge of interface engineering associated with offshore wind farm projects in areas such as cable routing and cable termination is preferred.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160