Array Cable EPCI Manager
Opportunity for an Array Cable EPCI Manager working with a major offshore developer in Europe
Responsible for the engineering e.g. design, fabrication, installation and testing for a package. Secure progress, optimisation and issuance of engineering deliverables (including Contractor's deliverables) and technical design in line with the Employer's Requirements (mainly HSE, quality, budget, schedule, and risks)
- Support the EPCI Package Manager for the delivery of the Package (during execution)
- Ensure and follow-up, in collaboration with the Engineering Manager and the EPCI manager that appropriate resources are mobilized and that the budget for resource complies with the EPCI budget.
- Ensure technical team understand their QHSE responsibilities.
- Define the base case assumptions of the package for the design, fabrication, construction, installation, commissioning and decommissioning
- Ensure that design, fabrication, installation and commissioning methodology meet both Employers requirements and all stakeholder/consent conditions.
- Verify that engineering tasks are strictly carried out in compliance with the Employer's and contract requirements
- Manage the quality assurance review process
- Manage the technical issues and changes within the package
- Ensure that all contractor's technical information e.g. designs, fabrication and installation methodologies are properly reviewed and accepted including those requiring review by the, certification authority or Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS).
- Secure progress and cost for the technical deliverables (external and internal documents and associated budgets/man hours in relation with EPCI Manager)
- Approve all technical documents and deliverables, when applicable - Ensure that a safe and optimal design is produced
- Facilitate the cross-package information flow and management of technical interfaces, especially Technical Queries and Management of Change
- Ensure the risks within the technical scope of the package are assessed, managed and mitigated; Look for opportunities
- Prepare technical requirements as required - Coordinate with the engineering experts contributing in the package, e.g. commissioning, certification, metOcean - Participate actively in the HSE and quality aspects of the package
- Ensure that required technical reviews such as Design Reviews, HAZOP, HAZID... including HSE concerns are performed and managed.
- Ensure that all activities within fabrication process are in compliance with the Employer's requirements
- Evaluate staff need and propose required technical people to the EPCI Manager - Lead value engineering process
- When required, escalate technical arbitration/ solution validation to the Engineering Manager - Coordinate with design, fabrication, commissioning and interface engineers in their field of expertise,
- Coordinate with interface manager for interfaces resolution - Ensure follow-up of the fabrication activities with the relevant parties
- Ensure that lessons learnt are captured and circulated at the appropriate points in the project life cycle
- Follow-up of the design and construction on the consent, civil and electrical aspects - Follow-up of the power and telecom connection process (ERDF, FT, FO))
- Planning issue and controlling - CAPEX issue and controlling
- Risk analysis issue and follow-up.
- Proven Experience (> 15 years) in the management of Inter-Array Cables Package (contract management, execution of contract, installation)