Asset Integrity Engineer- Foundations/Structural
Reporting to the Asset Integrity Lead, this role will support operational offshore wind projects for a leading energy developer.
This is a full-time staff role based in Edinburgh with offshore and occasional travel when required.
- Support the Asset Integrity Lead in defining and implementing an Asset Integrity Management Strategy.
- Liaise with and provide technical support to the site-based O&M team, including supporting warranty management.
- Lead the monitoring activities associated with the integrity of foundations, including primary and secondary steel elements as well as ancillary components.
- Undertake root cause analysis of defects and propose remedial actions.
- Utilise data analysis tools to monitor and assess asset behaviour, performing detailed analysis of data from foundation structural monitoring systems.
- Develop and review processes and procedures to support O&M activities, such as condition monitoring plans and scheduled/unscheduled maintenance procedures.
- Working with procurement, engage specialist technical consultancy support where required, including preparing technical specifications and undertaking or coordinating technical assessment of proposals.
- Provide high quality reporting to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Where required, lead on engagement with certifying bodies and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure recommendations for improvement are fed into company knowledge management and lessons learned processes.
- A degree in engineering or relevant discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in a related role with offshore foundations is required, experience within the offshore wind sector is desirable.
- Strong experience in structural design and analysis, with either a civil, mechanical, or structural engineering background.
- Experience of working in accordance with engineering design codes and standards.
- Experience in an asset integrity or operational engineering support role preferred.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status (or similar professional accreditation) is desirable.
- Knowledge of design and application of risk-based integrity management strategies and associated inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of working with standards and certifications associated with offshore structures.
- Knowledge of typical forms of construction contract and associated warranty provisions, technical risk analysis and typical forms of service contract.
- Confident in the use of diagnostic tools and data manipulation programs (e.g. MATLAB, SCADA, MySQL, C++, Tableau, etc.).