One of the largest independent generators of onshore wind energy in Europe are recruiting for an Asset Manager.
The role can be based remotely from South West England or Wales.
A member of the Asset Management Team and reporting to the Regional Asset Manager for the Southern region. You will be responsible for ensuring the safe optimal technical and commercial performance of the wind farm asset, through the delivery of all planned and corrective maintenance within appropriate time, quality and cost parameters within your region.
You will have responsibility to ensure an operating strategy to maximise the total life cycle performance of the asset is implemented and is represented in your operating budget that you will generate, which focuses on the profitability on the wind farm.
Responsible for delivery of works on site to a defined budget. All works will be delivered safely to a high quality whilst maximising profit.
- Driving the commercial performance of the wind farm, looking to maximise generation and reduce operational expenditures
- Where downtime occurs, looking to correct under performance through engagement with the key contractors, and utilising specialist support from colleagues to improve operational performance
- Generating accurate budget on an annual basis for all Operating and Capital expenditure across the site
- Operating the wind farms within your control in line with the above budgetary expectations.
- Managing and understanding the budgets, identifying and communicating all variances to the proposed site budget
- Regular reviewing of the budget, providing reforecasting costs at regular intervals through the operating year
- Focus on delivery of Performance improvements designed to improve the profitability of the wind farm with no impact on Safety or Quality
- You are responsible to operate the wind farms under your control to Best Practice in all areas, focusing on high levels of technical availability, whilst maximising the generation output of each wind turbine
- Identify the risks that could impact achieving performance targets and implement mitigations to prevent the risks occurring
- Carry out regular checks and inspections on all contractors to ensure that their activities are being completed safely and to a high standard as required by internal requirements, any statutory needs and / or best practice benchmarks.
- Achieve authorisation under HV Safety Rules as a Senior Authorised Person and have responsibility of undertaking and controlling switching activities on site.
- Co-ordinate component exchanges, ensuring they are done safely and efficiently, minimising the impact of lost generation through effective works planning and implementation
- Investigate major outages to develop lessons learnt to prevent re-occurrence
- Production of an Operational monthly report, detailing Asset Management activities and performance on each site.
- Working closely with the Operational Analysts to ensure that any turbine performance issues are identified, discussed with and ultimately addressed by the turbine services providers.
- Generation of written business cases to support initiatives
Ensuring the performance of all contractors are maintained to a high standard, works are completed in line with the scheduled plan and to a high quality. Delivering a professional approach during all stakeholder engagement requirements.
- Management of the key contractors against their contractual obligations, to help drive performance upwards and ensure that the company's financial position is protected where under performance occurs
- Ensure scheduled work plans are implemented for all sites under your control, having a focus on maximising generation of each wind turbine
- Ensuring that the activities of all contractors across the wind farms are carried out in a timely, safe manner and in alignment to the contract
- Ensuring that good working relationships are maintained with key stake holders i.e. Landowners and Community Funds through regular communication and liaison.
- Regular contractor audits are fulfilled to ensure governance against contract deliverables are maintained
- Performance management is regularly reviewed and discussed with the contractors on site, highlighting improvement areas where required
- Procurement of works will be in line with company procedures, ensuring timely payment of all invoices
- Project management of works on site to ensure that they come in on time and in budget with limited effect on site performance
You will be responsible for the Safety of all persons and works on site, ensuring all works are performed to the appropriate Regulations or Legislation
- Responsibility for the effective Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards across the portfolio of wind farms under your management.
- Ensuring that all persons accessing and working across the wind farms have adequate site inductions, the necessary competencies and documentation to perform the works
- Ensuring the application of the necessary Safety Rules and other health and safety management systems are implemented and adhered to across the wind farms
- Regular audit and inspections of contractors on site, ensuring compliance against the necessary regulations and legislations
- Ensure that all Safety incidents are documented in the necessary time frame. Where required, incidents are investigated, providing conclusions with recommendations where appropriate
- Emergency planning across the wind farms under your management, with regular exercises to prove the effectiveness of this planning
- Onshore wind experience essential.
- Previous experience of the operation and maintenance of HV/LV electrical plant is pre-requisite, as the role will encompass HV switching operation
- Working at Heights
- Working in Confined Spaces