Asset Manager – Renewables
Distributed Energy,Hydro,Onshore Wind,Solar,Storage
Opportunity for an experienced Asset Manager to join an international renewable energy and sustainability investment and advisory firm.
With flagship offices in London and New York, our client are looking to hire an Associate, Asset Management, reporting to the Head of AM and managing the technical, commercial, and financial performance of a utility-scale, multi-technology portfolio.
The role is NYC based with hybrid working arrangements welcomed.
- Supporting and completing due diligence on new investments
- Carry out asset specific and portfolio-wide analyses of performance, taking a proactive and entrepreneurial approach
- Drive the implementation of new initiatives to enhance portfolio performance and return
- Support the successful on-boarding of new assets in partnership with investment teams
- Oversee delivery partner activities during construction and on-boarding phases of projects and portfolios
- Support development of and drive risk mitigation strategies at project and portfolio level
- Review of monthly, quarterly, and annual operational, financial, and ESG performance of assets
- Ensure strong governance and compliance of all assets under management
- Prepare and attend team and Group meetings involving the management and development of new and existing assets
- Undergraduate degree qualification in a technical, engineering, and/or financial subject matter
- Master's/MBA degree desired while not essential
- Min. 2 years' asset management experience in the renewables and/or power generation industries
- Strong technical, commercial, and financial acumen in relationship to energy and infrastructure assets
- Familiarity with the development, construction, and operation of one or more renewable or power generation technologies
- Desire to work within a busy time and focused on a multi-technology asset portfolio
- Ability to travel throughout North America up to 25% of the time; additional international travel likely
- Ability and willingness to commute to company's New York (Manhattan) office on a regular basis; hybrid working is possible and encouraged, depending on skills and experience
- Right to live and work in the USA; no sponsorship available