Asset Manager – Wind
Opportunity for a strong Wind Operations professional with a strong technical knowledge and understanding to take on the role of Asset Manager with a leading US Asset/Investment Management firm.
The Wind Asset Manager will join a talented Operations team, working both with colleagues and also independently as the key point of contact for utility-scale wind assets through the US.
This individual will fulfil reporting and compliance obligations to a range of key stakeholders, including customers, financial partners, utilities and additional regulatory authorities.
- Oversee a range of functions related to the management of utility-scale wind portfolios owned and operated by the company
- Contribute to the streamlining, automation and process improvement related to reporting and compliance requirements
- Fulfil daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting obligations on assigned wind assets within the portfolio
- Monitor asset performance through the use of centralised monitoring platform and/or individual project SCADA systems
- Understand, assess and resolve causes for technical and financial asset under performance
- Collaborate with HSE while taking on personality responsibility for upholding high levels of standards in this area
- Oversight of contractor performance and ensuring appropriate response times in compliance with service agreements
- Identify and manage all AM compliance related tasks and obligations, ensuring prompt completion and full compliance
- 3+ years experience in wind asset management/operations role
- Experience with technical and financial reporting on wind assets, in addition to working with plant operations, substation protocol, regulatory compliance and contractual management
- Strong data background in relation to wind, including ability to analyze large data sets; SCADA familiarity preferred
- Engineering degree preferred
- A true 'self-starter' with the desire to go beyond the day-to-day responsibilities expected of them
- Strong experience in problem solving and both pro- and reactive maintenance
- Detail oriented: someone who pays attention to detail and takes care over the small things
- Ability to travel c. 20% of the time