Assistant Consent Manager – Offshore
Job ID 17607
Taylor Hopkinson has been exclusively retained to build out a project team who will develop and execute a Scotwind project for a new offshore wind consortium.
The Assistant Offshore Consents Manager will provide support with critical consenting, compliance and environmental management activities relating to the offshore elements of offshore wind projects.
This is a full-time role based in Edinburgh.
- Work with the Offshore Consents Manager and wider team to ensure all consents and licences are in place, conditions discharged and compliance during construction
- Manage and work with specialist consultants and contractors on matters relating to consents and technical environmental issues.
- Write scope of work documents and reviewing key technical documents relating to consenting activities.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders including industry working groups, where appropriate.
- Take ownership and responsibility for distinct elements of work within the Consents team, contributing to the overall objectives of projects.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on consenting approaches and compliance issues to the team and the projects.
- Provide support with budget management, risk management, and programme input.
- Proactive, solution-focused approach to complex consenting / environmental issues.
- Demonstrable experience working within renewable energy or environmental consultancy, with a clear focus on project consenting and development, taking projects through the consenting process
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (such as marine biology, environmental science, engineering, planning, geography, law).
- Ability to engage with and empathise with stakeholders.
- Ambition to gain further experience, develop career and strive for future progression within the Consents team.