Associate – Solar Business Development
An opportunity to join a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects.
The Business Development Associate will have scope to work on projects of a diverse nature across a range of jurisdictions. Examples of work would include assisting with originating opportunities and supporting the building of business plans.
This position will be based in the company's London office.
- Assist on origination of opportunities in multiple jurisdictions and market segments
- Participate in business plan execution: platform/company acquisition, project/pipeline acquisition, co-development agreements, hiring, integration plan, tax/legal structuring, structured finance, marketing/PR, country management until autonomous operations
- Developing strong external relationships with key stakeholders throughout the market (developers, financial advisors, project funders, etc.)
- Manage and run financial models to assess the returns of multiple projects
- Prepare and deliver and clear and concise reports to the Board and Investment Committee on market trends, acquisition opportunities or budget requests
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in sciences, finance, economics, engineering or law
- An understanding of the renewables industry, power markets and development
- An understanding of project finance, capital structuring, financial modelling and financial indicators, providing the ability to collaborate with the internal structured finance team
- Experience in general transaction management (consultants/ stakeholders, adhering to transaction time-line)
- Excellent project management skills with proven experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and culture