Balance of Plant Package Manager
Opportunity for a Balance of Plant Package Manager for an offshore wind project based in Ireland. A key role for this project which is currently in early development phase so you will be responsible for FEED, Detailed Design, Fabrication and Transportation & Installation of all WTG and Substation foundation structures & cables.
You can work remotely within Europe for this position as travel will only be required for key meetings. Travel Expenses will be paid. This is a 12 monthly rolling contract.
- Develop a package strategy, with the objective to develop a reliable technical solution, optimizing LCOE, and respecting Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements;
- Overall responsibility in the coordination of the day to day activities of the offshore elements of this package;
- Management of the package schedule, progress, and expenditure against budget, including reporting on progress status and highlighting any issues;
- Work with the Design Manager to ensure that certification and compliance with regulatory requirements is achieved;
- Estimate CAPEX and OPEX to feed into the business model.
- Ensure that the package's risk profile is understood and appropriately managed;
- Develop and implement the procurement strategy for the package;
- Lead the procurement process for the package, in collaboration with other members of the team;
- Assess contractor proposals, coordinating and assisting in negotiating contracts;
- Manage the detailed design, ensure that the design optimizes LCOE, takes fabrication and installation constraints into account and meets all requirements in terms of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality;
- Ensure interfaces with other packages, contractors and stakeholders are identified and appropriately managed;
- Ensure consent requirements are met.
Skills and Experience
- This role will require a detailed understanding of the design, fabrication, and installation of foundations and cables for offshore wind developments;
- Significant experience in managing large packages of work delivered by EPCI contractors to agreed time, cost, and quality targets;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, preferably in Ireland;
- Knowledge and experience of managing contractors to meet or exceed HSE requirements;
- Excellent Project Management skills, including contract management, coordination, cost control, risk and programme management;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team on large infrastructure projects;
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under significant pressure to tight timescales.