Business Development Director
Focusing initially on the South of Europe, you will be responsible for building and developing this IPP’s solar market throughout Europe.
Operating in over 15 international markets, this integrated independent solar power producer is looking at building a business development team in Europe. At present, the business has >200MW grid connected, a further 100MW under construction and a further 1GW in its ambitious development pipeline. The business is now hiring a Business Development Director to spearhead its growth across the European market.
As part of this role, you will be building a short and medium-term strategy across the company’s major markets, leading and growing its European Business Development team, identifying and leading key opportunities across the development lifecycle. You will lead negotiations from start to close and build long-term relationships with stakeholders. You will also be responsible for sourcing co-development and/or acquisition opportunities for large-scale solar farms in each of the target countries. This role will be an integral player in the company’s global Management Team.
- Lead and grow the European Business Development pipeline and team
- Shape strategy to be agreed with the Board
- Develop market stakeholder relationships
- Develop solar PV projects through to an operational stage, focusing on co-development partnerships with local developers and acquisition of partly developed or construction ready projects
- Lead contract negotiation to close
- Build long-term partnerships
- Manage the development schedule
- Own approvals and applications for project permitting and grid connections
- Previous project development experience within the solar industry
- Extensive business development experience
- Fluency in English and at least one of either Italian, Spanish, French or German
- Right to work in the EU