Business Development Manager
Taylor Hopkinson has been exclusively engaged to appoint a Business Development Manager to the European team of a leading global developer, owner and operator of green infrastructure assets.
Reporting to the Managing Director for European Development, the individual will be responsible for identifying new investment opportunities, preparing business cases to support these investments and assisting in managing them through to financial close or FID. The ideal candidate will have experience of leading greenfield development projects and optimising projects in development, as well as building relationships with local developers and project partners.
The core team is based in the UK. Home-based contracts are offered and the client will consider suitably qualified individuals from across Europe.
- Source opportunities in target markets across Europe, predominantly within onshore wind and solar technologies
- Develop focused project assessment metrics and financial models to speed up assessment and origination of projects
- Manage development of existing projects with project partners, identifying value levers to enhance returns across the full value chain of development, construction and operations
- Supervise and be accountable for all project requirements, including stakeholder relations (landowners, public, communities, government), site control, approvals and permits
- Undertake financial and economic management of assigned projects
- Lead initial project review and due diligence of identified project opportunities, engaging internal resources and external advisers/consultants where required
- Act as the project developer for greenfield projects, building the necessary project team and ensuring the project secures all necessary permits in an optimised manner
- Develop and deliver communications to Senior Management on investment opportunities, expected economics and returns
- Demonstrable experience in project development, commercial contract negotiations and project management with a utility, IPP or investment fund/ developer in the renewables sector
- Good knowledge of the European renewable market and network across OEMs and developers
- Strong commercial understanding of quantitative and qualitative project components and a demonstrated ability to evaluate opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly and concisely to a range of audiences
- Ability to build and maintain co-operative relationships and manage conflict and confrontations skillfully and sensitively
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset, capable of developing relationships across organisations and making strategy recommendations to senior management
- Proficiency in English and an additional EU language would be beneficial