Business Development Manager (Principal Consultant)
Senior Business Development opportunity within an established and growing consultancy business in offshore wind.
The Business Development Manager & Principal Consultant is responsible for identifying, developing and securing business opportunities and clients for Offshore Wind Consultants and to be able to deliver or contribute to consultancy assignments (60/40).
- Researches and develops new clients and new opportunities supporting the Executive Management in growing the business.
- Directed by the Global Marketing Director (GMD) will make weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to and work in tandem with the GMD and liaise with other Development Managers to develop renewables as part of Group offerings and to develop and maintain group sales tools and processes.
- Locates potential business deals, contacting potential partners: discovering and exploring opportunities that the business should offer and elevates these opportunities to the executive management.
- Cultivates and maintains client relationships through appropriate propositions and relevant liaison to optimize quality of service, business growth and client satisfaction.
- Understands the offshore wind and renewables industry and competitive trends in order to establish contract rates that ensure the maximum volume of work and the maximum return.
- Has, develops and nurtures a profile in the sector through the Group’s marketing activity and market engagement.
- Works with and in support of relevant Country Managers in the achievement of Country and Regional revenue budgets.
- Responsible for identifying key marketing opportunities, publications and trade shows with their network for increased market awareness and penetration, liaising with the GMD and contributing to the development and execution of the marketing plan.
- Authors and contributes to proposals.
- Inputs and maintains CRM and other tools.
- Manages and tracks development activities.
- Provides regular management reports and updates on business strategy to Executive Management as required.
- Enhances the reputation of the business.
- Understands and complies with corporate procedures, policies and working practices.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested .
- Deliver fee paying consultancy assignments based around technical competence and experience; these would include but not be limited to: commercial consultancy, due diligence, market and technology studies/reports and project management.
- Flexibility with working hours, willingness to travel and work within a variety of time zones.
- Engineering Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Fully conversant with Offshore Renewables Industry.
- Significant commercial and/or project management experience.
- Previous Business Development experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in a commercial role with project management experience.
- Well-founded understanding of the offshore renewables industry.
- Strategic visionary with sound analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Demonstrated strength in communications, advocacy and moving organisations to think outside the box.
- Commercial acumen and advanced negotiating skills
- Excellent networking skills.
- High level of proficiency in English.
- Forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
- Well organised and self-directed individual with exceptionally strong business/commercial Skills.
- Outgoing and pragmatic with strength of character, proactive and insightful.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Polished public speaking skills.
- Previous experience of storage, grids, hydrogen or CCS.
Proficient in French, Spanish, Chinese, or German an advantage