Business Development Manager
We are excited to be working on an exclusive basis with one of Europe's leading renewable energy companies, who are seeking to hire a Business Development Manager to support the further growth and expansion of its development pipeline, originating new solar project opportunities with corporate customers across the UK.
The BDM will play a key role in leading solar and storage projects through investment decisions and thus this role will require the successful applicant to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams, ensuring that projects are competitive in order to maximise the acquired or developed portfolio's value.
- Origination of new solar project opportunities with corporate customers across the UK
- Key member of the development team, responsible for leading projects through investment decision
- Close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, including strategy, development, technical and EPC, to de-risk projects in preparation for investment decisions
- Working closely with construction and additional stakeholders to ensure projects meet HSE standards
- Take personal ownership for the project's investment case
- Manage projects through internal governance policies and procedures
- Secure a route to market by engaging with relevant stakeholders
- Degree level education in relevant subject, or commensurate professional experience
- Understanding of key risks throughout the life-cycle of solar and storage projects
- Experience of M&A process for renewable energy and/or power generation projects
- Strong commercial understanding to recognise key business drivers
- Ability to and experience of leading multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent understanding of market and regulatory policy (including challenges) for UK renewable generation and battery storage