Cable Package Manager
Your key duties will be to deliver agreed scope on time, within the approved budget, and with high focus on safety and quality.
- Manage activities of the Cable package of offshore wind farms throughout all project phases
- Prepare contract technical specifications in support of procurement activities
- Assess cable suppliers' proposals during the procurement process
- Working with the procurement team, provide input into commercial terms relating to cables ; contract terms, insurance and warranty requirements
- Lead contract negotiations and contract management in close collaborations with the commercial and legal management functions
- Manage cable interfaces with other packages, functions and suppliers
- Support, co-ordinate and supervise cable suppliers and related contractors as the project representative during the design, manufacturing, transport, installation and commissioning phases of the cables by way of project and site meetings
- Coordinate technical queries during the design, manufacturing and construction phases
- Monitor and report on project construction works, including cable manufacture, transport, loading, termination and testing activities
- Ensure that the wind cable suppliers comply with the requirements stipulated by the contract
- Coordinate and/or complete site inspections to monitor and record progress and quality against contractual requirements
- Ensure that health, safety and environmental site rules and best practices are observed
- Manage the assessment and rectification of defects during the construction phase
- Act as first point of contact for project colleagues, suppliers, contractors and other project stakeholders for any topics (of technical nature or regarding project management) which relate to the cables
- Regularly report to the wider project team on progress within the cable package
- Champion a safety and quality culture, led by example and ensure this remains a top priority within the team
- Lead associated internal/external team and facilitate the necessary communication, workshops, reviews etc
Qualifications and key competences include:
- Project management experience with large offshore multi-discipline projects. Experience in offshore wind project development is preferred.
- Knowledge of Project Management and Execution, and preferably PMI/PMP certified
- Holds a Bachelor Degree of Engineering or equivalent. Advanced degree is preferred
- At least five years of technical experience in offshore wind cable design, manufacturing, and installation.
- Experience managing the concept development, FEED or detailed design of cables
- General electrical transmission understanding and experience with offshore wind cables and wider infrastructure
- Experience in offshore work for cable installation and maintenance for offshore wind projects is preferred.
- Broad understanding of general offshore wind development and construction, e.g. markets, supply chain, permitting and business case drivers
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work in Taiwan