Array Cable Package Manager
The Cables Package Manager will lead the delivery of the cables package on the project. The scope being cable supply, cable lay and cable burial including the interface with the onshore cables at the landfall site.
- Safely deliver the offshore cables package associated with the project to programme, budget and in accordance with technical requirements.
- Manage the EPCI contract associated with the offshore export cables package.
- Maintain an effective and systematic means of monitoring and reporting on the delivery progress of the package, adopting a proactive approach to risk management.
- Lead a package team, ensuring sufficient project team resource is applied to deliver the work package and that project staff are provided with direction and support.
- Ensure that the cables package team liaises with other work packages and functions within the project team to deliver the package and manage interfaces.
- Ensure that external stakeholder relationships are managed, including active engagement with the supply chain to support commercial/procurement activities.
- Ensure specialist support requirements such as external consultancy/advisory services are identified and procured where specifically required to successfully deliver the work package.
- Ensure all suppliers/contractors are technically qualified, competent, appropriately engaged contractually and appropriately managed throughout performance of works.
- Ensure that the project has suitable and sufficient documentary evidence in place to justify all key design decisions regarding the offshore cables package in order to demonstrate that an economic and efficient solution has been used.
- Support the discharge of offshore consent conditions associated with the cables package.
- Where required by the Head of Electrical, support the company’s and the project’s work in monitoring and engaging in regulatory matters associated with the development and construction of offshore transmission assets.
- Degree educated in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- More than 10 years’ experience, with at least 6 years’ experience in the design, procurement, manufacturing, transport and installation phases of offshore renewable energy power plants.
- Experience of working within CDM projects.
- Experience of HSE audits, design risk assessment and method statement production and reviews will be essential.
- Engineering, manufacturing and installation of offshore HV cable systems.
- Proven history in HV termination and testing processes.
- Profound knowledge of cable design processes from concept to installation phase.
- Very good understanding of technical and organizational processes.
- Ability to structure complex processes.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience in leading and working with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.