Cable Product Engineer
Leading renewable energy developer looking for a Cable Product Engineer to work across their international portfolio of offshore wind projects.
This is a full-time, staff position which can be based in London, Hamburg or Denmark.
The Cable Product Engineer shall provide technical expertise on Cable Systems for multiple development and operational projects and initiatives across the entire offshore portfolio.
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of health and safety performance across all activities to deliver inherently safer projects and working environments.
- Work with supply chain to review and improve cable technology to minimize Levelized Cost of Energy while maintaining quality and reliability of supplied cable and accessories.
- Lead work packages through technical readiness levels in closely following the technological development of export and inter array cables in the industry and support in defining the technical requirements.
- Be aware of the latest technical developments in the industry and identify potential technologies that could reduce cost and risk, or improve quality and safety.
- Support process to ensure the technologies are on the right level of maturation and fit for purpose for the respective projects.
- Provide technical expertise on cable design, manufacture, testing and commissioning activities.
- Deliver high quality and robust reports/recommendations to support technical findings.
- Use finite element analysis software (COMSOL) to carry out cable rating assessments for both development and operational sites.
- Coordinate cable design and dimensioning process for AC and DC products towards projects and support to business case preparation for multiple development projects.
- Support in conducting investigations and root cause analysis on existing cable assets.
- Pro-actively share knowledge, engage in the cable team and contribute to the exchange of learnings and improvements
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering or similar
- Significant experience with high voltage on- and offshore cable design and manufacturing
- Both practical and theoretical experience with cable and accessory design, manufacture and testing
- Ability to identify and lead key technical topics relating to high voltage cables, balancing both technical and commercial imperatives
- Proven experience in project management and leading work packages
- Experience of working within cable/accessory production facilities
- Experience in communication with customers/suppliers
- Good English language skills and preferably also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel and work offshore.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Experience working for a cable manufacturer, engineering company with dedicated cable competence or certification body