Civil Engineer – California Project
Job ID 21717
Civil Engineer required for a major Offshore Wind Farm developer based in the United States
- Follow-up the work within the civil, onshore structural and architect disciplines in the project phases.
- For early phase projects: Support development of scope and follow up civil related issues in studies as well as maturation of deliveries within the civil disciplines as required per project phase.
- During execution phase: Follow up contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget, and schedule.
- Evaluate port locations to support offshore components staging, an O&M Base and landfall locations for the export cable with a location to support the construction of an onshore substation with site safety a key consideration.
- Follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget, and schedule. Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
- Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs.
- Support site selection with civil related evaluations including ground investigation and testing.
- Provide input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases within own discipline e.g., site preparation, design of structures, long lead items and company provided items (CPI).
- Contribute to planning and executing of civil engineering and construction scope.
- Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues.
- Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost, and constructability.
- Support handling of relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG, non-conformance requests (NCRs).
- 7+ years of related experience as Civil engineer doing large complex multi-year projects
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and Demonstrated ability to lead and direct activities of others.
- Previous experience with California onshore civil infrastructure engineering. Excellent understanding of CA/regional city building code.
- Location California, San Francisco Bay Area preferred.