Civil Engineer (Wind)
Opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to join one of the UK & Ireland's leading Renewable Energy Consultancies.
Focused on utility-scale wind projects, the Civil Engineer will provide technical engineering assistance to the civil engineering and other business divisions, across project inception, development, and construction activities.
This position can be based in Edinburgh, Scotland or Dublin, Ireland.
- Provide technical engineering assistance to the civil engineering and additional business divisions as requested, throughout the inception, development, and construction of projects
- Perform desk top and site based assessments of new project developments
- Prepare civil engineering and site layout drawings using software including Civil 3D
- Design, detail, and document civil and structural components of projects, including: drainage works, detailed road design, turbine foundations etc.
- Liaising with clients, contractors, landowners, drilling and testing companies
- Work with statutory bodies on occasion
- Review of external civil engineering design documents for 3rd party design verification, due diligence, and/or owner's engineering design review
- Assist in the preparation and execution of tenders and specifications for contracts required for the construction of projects
- 5+ years' experience as a civil engineer, preferably with experience working on renewable energy projects
- Hold an up-to-date driving license
- Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering (Min. Level 8)
- Experience with design and construction desired
- Relevant HSE and construction certifications advantageous
- Renewable Energy passion
- Able to travel to site as required
- Right to work in UK or Ireland without sponsorship