We are working with one of the leading names in engineering services and who are looking to hire a Civil Engineer.
The Civil Engineer will play a mission-critical role on a close-knit, ambitious, and hard-working team seeking to become the world's preferred provider of due diligence services for wind and solar energy projects. Among other duties, you will be responsible for conducting technical reviews and independent assessments of the civil design, conducting on-site construction monitoring, and contributing to building client relationships and conducting business development.
- Conduct detailed technical review and independent assessment of structural and/or geotechnical engineering and construction documentation, including plans and specifications, calculations, construction submittals, test documentation, and construction job books and QA/QC documentation.
- Conduct on-site construction monitoring to assess compliance with plans and specifications, good construction practice, and adherence to QA/QC programs.
- Lead or participate in meetings and conference calls with lenders, investors, developers, contractors, and engineers regarding technical reviews and construction issues.
- Prepare detailed reports of design reviews, project documentation assessments, and construction monitoring.
- Track and monitor project documentation, review, inspection, and reporting status.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in civil engineering, with focus on structural. Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience with performing structural and/or geotechnical calculations for utility grade wind turbine and solar foundations is a plus.
- Experience providing technical due diligence engineering services for renewable energy projects is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise with: reading and interpreting construction documents, with an understanding of quality requirements.