Job ID 11876
Commercial Director required for a leading Offshore Windfarm developer, based in Taiwan.
- Commercial Director to join our client's Offshore Wind team and be the commercial and procurement lead for an offshore wind project.
- The director will be responsible for leading project development and construction activities, whilst also supporting general commercial and contract management across the region.
- Ensure overall offshore wind development is successfully procured and delivered, by interfacing with both technical and commercial project team members.
- At the planning, development, and construction phases of the project, you will be responsible for delivering commercial management and administration of projects.
- To identify, tender, and select equipment suppliers, service providers, EPC and O&M contracts for the projects, you will provide commercial input and recommendations on procurement strategy for the relevant packages.
- Manage any relevant service providers (e.g., external legal counsel, insurance brokers), and prepare and draft contract and commercial documents.
- Responsible for managing and running the full procurement process for the relevant projects, which includes management of tenders, and negotiating contract terms and price.
- For any interface issues that may arise within and/or before work packages, provide commercial / contractual input.
- Support both the Project and Package Managers in the administration, management, and execution of the EPCI and O&M contracts (incl. any sub-packages, advisory, and service contracts), and lead contract negotiations.
- Responsible for contract administration and ensure to respond to contractual matters as and when they arise and provide relevant input that may be required on any health, safety, and environmental plans and implementation.
- To manage and oversee commercial handover procedures for each packaging, which includes ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating commercial / legal interface issues between contractors.
- For any commercial and legal issues, you will be involved in problem-solving and troubleshooting, and assist with the input into the financial modelling of the offshore wind project (as and when required).
- Bachelor or higher degree in law, contract management or related field or a chartered quantity surveyor and/or procurement.
- 10-years' (minimum) prior experience with an energy developer, utility, EPCI contractor or related field performing contract management roles for offshore wind projects.
- Proficient in managing a team of professional project resources, and in managing their performance.
- Experienced in building and maintaining client relationships (at the appropriate level) and possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Fluent in English (essential) and mandarin skills is an advantage and will be seen positively but it is not a requirement.
- The successful applicant must be prepared to be full-time based in Taiwan.