Commercial Engineering Manager
Opportunity for a highly competent technical and commercial renewable energy professional to join one of the world's leading PV solar developers as its Commercial Engineering Manager for Spain.
This individual will support various members of the Technical Team on multiple facets and activities throughout the development and pre-construction phase of utility-scale PV projects, with a primary focus on the Spanish market.
The Manager, Commercial Engineering will collaborate with technical advisors internationally on a range of projects, while supporting and advising on the assessment of new technologies, including modules, inverters and structures.
- Play an active supporting role in the Project Acquisition process, including Technical Due Diligence and additional internal and third party reports review.
- Complete LCOE Optimisation Analysis on new project opportunities
- Perform Technical Performance Analysis on existing projects within the Spanish portfolio
- Support the assessment of new technologies (e.g. modules, inverters, structures)
- Carry out Energy Yield Assessments
- Support Project Management during the construction process
- Review bids, reports, orders etc. from EPC Contractors, in addition to Owner's requirements
- Conduct site visits both to new greenfield sites and additional sites under construction internationally
- High level of English language skills; additional Spanish, Italian beneficial
- Understanding of EPC/O&M contracts, including Technical Appendices
- Strong understanding of and experience with PV software, including PVsyst (AutoCAD, ArcGIS etc.)
- Experience working on large-scale PV solar plants on behalf of the Developer, EPC Contractor or Technical Advisory side
- Good knowledge of and potential relationship with key players in the Spanish PV market, including TAs, EPCs, third parties, investors etc.
- Knowledge of technologies related to PV generation and constituent components, including modules, inverters and/or structures
- Degree level education in Engineering subject a plus
- Positive mindset with a proactive and driven personality