Commercial Lead – Offshore Wind
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
Commercial Lead required to join a global energy data and intelligence company and lead their New Energies team as they expand their services into the offshore wind and wider renewable energy sectors.
Reporting the Commercial Director, the Commercial Lead will be responsible for identifying and securing revenue opportunities for the New Energies business. This will include sales of existing digital solutions, as well as securing revenues from data collection campaigns (wind assessment and geotechnical) within emerging offshore wind regions in the US.
We are seeking candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset keen to make an impact and play a crucial role in shaping the success and growth of the New Energies business
- Develop, plan and implement commercial plans and strategies
- Set and deliver on sales targets
- focus on growing subscription revenue for the existing digital solutions platform
- focus on securing new funding for data collection campaigns within emerging offshore wind regions in the US
- Consistently strive to accelerate and encourage company's growth and success
- Assist marketing team in promotion of the New Energies business
- Implement new customer acquisition strategies
- Manage existing client relationships and develop new
- Establish and manage long-term relationship with stakeholders
- Understand the requirements of existing customers
- Interact with and represent the business to external industry constituents including government agencies, alliance/JV partners and industry groups.
- Track, measure and analyse commercial metrics using KPIs
- Work closely with sales and project development resources to identify new project ideas to expand and/or enhance the digital solutions platform and seek new data collection opportunities.
- Be proactive in identifying potential business with new offshore wind developers
- Responsible and accountable for health, safety and environmental performance within the organisation ensuring that adequate resources are available for requirements.
- Degree or Masters in relevant field
- Demonstrable experience on the commercial side of the offshore wind or wider renewable energy industry
- Experience of client relationship management
- Strong network in the offshore wind or wider energy industry in the US
- Track record of identifying and closing sales opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to multi-task and succeed in coordinating across multiple departments
- Self-starter, problem-solver and adaptable in dealing with people
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally