Opportunity for a commercial/financial professional with strong technical knowledge and a passion for the renewable energy industry, to join one of the UK's leading sustainable infrastructure companies.
The Commercial Manager will support the wider Commercial and Legal teams in progressing hybrid renewable energy an EV projects from initial concept through development, construction and into operation.
This individual will play a key role in the development of the UK's solar, storage and EV industries, working on first of their kind, innovative projects.
The position is based North West of London, with an expectation to be in the office at least 2 days per week when possible.
- Collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders, while leading project management activities from a Commercial perspective for a range of solar, storage and EV projects
- Manage budgets for project portfolio
- Perform as lead responsible for the review of commercial contracts, including EPC and O&M
- Lead the negotiation of supply contracts with a range of partners and suppliers
- Manage transaction activities with company investors, including with due diligence and Q&A process
- Assess the financial and commercial viability of new solar, storage and EV projects for development and construction, throughout the UK
- Deliver all necessary documentation for project, from initial concept, through due diligence and into construction and operation
- Degree level education, ideally in Business, Economics or Renewable Energy related discipline
- 2+ years' business/project development experience in renewable energy industry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of building and reviewing financial models, using data to inform decisions
- Experience collaborating with senior stakeholders in relation to major commercial transactions
- Strong contract and negotiation experience, ideally in renewable energy industry
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong presentation and client management skills
- Ability to use a range of MS Office platforms efficiently