Commercial Manager – Offshore Wind Japan
- Work closely with members of the Japan Development team to originate, structure, and execute on commercial and strategic initiatives, including joint development opportunities, project acquisitions, and platform opportunities, with emphasis on wind and solar power generation.
- Managing the negotiation of commercial agreements related to offshore wind farm development such as but not limited to, joint development agreements, shareholder agreements, consultancy and execution agreements.
- Managing the legal input for commercial agreements to the project requirements.
Supporting the securing of power grid interconnection capacities, grid interconnection contracts, and power salescontracts.
- Managing communication between shareholders on various offshore wind farms.
Coordination with engineering, construction and procurement teams based regionally and remotely for inputsinto the Japan projects.
- Supporting the business development of new projects in Japan.
- Supporting the bid processes for offshore wind farms in Japan.
Managing the business case with financial models and working with internal departments and team members toensure an optimal business case through the project development.
- Supporting the monthly project budgeting processes.
Discuss with relevant project stakeholders (internal and external) on works related to offshore wind projectdevelopment.
Consultation/reporting/negotiation with domestic and foreign investors and financial institutions for the creationand management of financial models as well as project financing.
Develop and deliver communication to Investment Committees and Project Steering Committees the regularprogress on projects and new opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree in a finance or business-related field
- Significant direct experience in renewable power development in Japan
- Proven offshore wind project development experience
- Strong understanding and experience in the renewable project development process from land acquisition, to permitting through to construction, implementation and operations
- Working knowledge project finance and due diligence processes in Japan
- Communication skills such as business to business level for partnerships