Commercial Project Finance Manager
Senior Commercial Project Finance role based in Paris - this is a unique opportunity to join a high profile development platform during a period of huge investment across Europe.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will work across a range of development and construction stage projects guiding them through the development phase, including bid submission, structure and secure financing as required, recommend taking Final Investment Decision and successfully deliver the project to COD.
All key commercial, financial, risk mitigation and stakeholder matters on any given project would be your responsibility making this a key role within the group.
- Responsible for the commercial development and delivery to COD of selected French offshore wind projects on behalf of shareholders (and possibly a range of other offshore wind projects in other jurisdictions)
- Preparation of investment decision recommendations regarding each commitment stage of a project (primarily bid budget, bid submission, DEVEX approval and FID/construction approval)
- Development and delivery of the financing strategy for each project, including but not limited to structuring, negotiating and closing non-recourse project finance debt.
- Oversight of the preparation of financial analysis to inform key project commercial decisions (including but not limited to FID)
- Liaise with and develop junior team members in the preparation of a range of financial analysis and other analytical materials (and liaise with Accounting team on outputs)
- Ensure that risks are proactively identified and appropriately managed with a risk and opportunity register maintained, regular risk reviews held.
- Liaison with Senior management and reporting to shareholders in respect of project progress
- Liaison with key project stakeholders, primarily in the form of other project shareholders, lenders, financial advisors and, as required, technical contractors and public bodies
- Monitor market trends in France (and elsewhere as required) to determine risks, opportunities and changes to the French portfolio of projects
- Eight years or more experience in investment banking, private equity or other transactional/real asset management-related experience, with a background in power and renewables
- Direct offshore wind asset experience
- Business undergraduate degree (Economics or Finance) or related field (Engineering, Law etc)
- Master of Finance, CFA, ACA or other professional designations considered an asset
- Ability to quickly identify key value drivers in a project
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate complex financial inputs into concise financial analysis, transaction thesis and recommendations
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Detailed experience of key investment documentation (SPA, SHA etc)
- Extensive understanding of project financing (processes/documentation/model)
- Demonstrated experience of applied investment and valuation methodologies, with a preference for experience with complex project financing modelling
- Native/fluent French speaker required