A Commissioning Manager is required to work on a long-term contract in Taiwan for a Taiwanese Offshore Wind Farm project. A relocation to Taiwan is required for the duration of the contract
- The Commissioning Manager will be part of the construction team and work with the wider project team to ensure that ongoing commissioning development, planning, execution and completion activities are excited effectively, safely and on time.
- The Commissioning Manager's will work closely with the other package's managers on the project and report to the Construction Manager.
- The Commissioning Manager's role will be to manage all aspects of General and Electrical safety, high voltage Commissioning and Energisation.
- The role will also involve the management of the Commissioning department and associated resources.
- Cost and schedule monitoring for all Commissioning related activities
- Preparation and maintenance of the overall Project Commissioning Plan
- Preparation and maintenance of the Power Commissioning Schedule
- Preparation of the Project Commissioning Manual
- Preparation and Maintenance of the Commissioning Document Register
- Preparation and Agreement of the TPC Boundary Agreement
- Preparation of the equipment release Register
- Interface and Quality Management within each Project Package
- Controlling the Safety from the System and Electrical Safety Rules procedures in respect to all electrical activities associated with the project.
- When possible, attendance of HV and M&E Equipment & Cabling FAT and Quality Assurance.
- Managing the operation of all high-voltage systems, including the interfaces between each package
- Management of the Preparation, issuing, transferring and cancellation of safety documentation and agreeing to the release of plant and/or apparatus for work, testing, energisation and operation.
- Participation in HASOP and HAZID studies for all Wind Park regarded equipment, where relevant.
- Ensuring coordination between onshore and offshore activities, including liaison between the project and grid operator with respect to safety, testing, commissioning and energisation/operations.
- Overseeing all electrical activities for the purpose of safety, technical review, contractual compliance and operation/logistical duties.
- Agreeing and authorising the release of electrical equipment into service and overseeing the commissioning and operation of the offshore substation.
- Overseeing the testing, commissioning and energisation of all offshore submersible cabling.
- Overseeing the HV transformers, switchgear and high-voltage cabling and terminations.
- Overseeing the installation, testing, commissioning and operation of the SCADA system, including the fibre optic cabling system and offshore systems.
- Providing guidance and ensuring compliance with local legislation and regulation with respect to electrical activities, including acting on behalf of the client, where requested, as nominated adviser to trade and regulatory bodies.