Commissioning Package Manager
Job ID 8582
A Commissioning Package Manager is required to work for an Offshore Wind Farm in Scotland
- The Commissioning Package Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the high voltage network commissioning plan for the project.
- The role will involve developing and implementing safety rules and commissioning procedures.
- The Commissioning Manager will build and lead a team of SAP'S and commissioning engineers to deliver this.
- Development and implementation of an overarching high voltage network commissioning plan for the project.
- Development and implementation of high voltage safety rules for the project.
- Review of technical documentation provided by designers and construction contractors.
- Development of detailed commissioning procedures and switching plans for all elements of the project's high voltage network.
- Development of an overarching grid code compliance testing plan for the project and management of its implementation, including taking a leading role on the commissioning panel to be formed with National Grid and SHE Transmission.
- Management of a team of SAPs and commissioning engineers to safely deliver the energisation and commissioning of the high voltage assets associated with the project.
- Management of associated contracts and budgets.
- Identification of resource requirements and, supported by the project's commercial team, procurement of those resources.
- Monitoring and reporting on package progress, including attending internal and external meetings as required.
- Provision of support to quality management activities on the project such as attendance at electrical equipment factory acceptance tests.
- Working with the CDM (Construction Design and Management) Regulations, including a demonstrable understanding of health, safety and environmental best practice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- A minimum of 10 years' experience within the power/ energy sector, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a comparable role within the offshore wind or electricity transmission sector is essential.
- Experience of and desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary project environment is required
- Demonstrate knowledge in high voltage network safety and commissioning practices, project management practice and techniques and onshore and Offshore construction standards, codes of practice and regulations.
- Ability to travel at short notice and for extended periods is essential.
- The role will ultimately involve offshore working, therefore existing certification for offshore working is desirable.