International offshore wind developer seeking a Communications Associate to join their team in the US. The Communications Associate will be responsible for day-to-day operation of internal communications infrastructure and coordination with and between project communications teams, providing services and assistance to those teams drawing upon, and closely coordinating with, the substantial Communications staff and resources in Europe. They will also work in close collaboration with technical, commercial, legal and business development teams both in Europe and in North America, acting as a key interface between the company's internal and external efforts.
- Act as liaison between the company's Communications Staff in Europe and North America and and projects
- Manage U.S. content in the company's Communications database, library and image bank
- The Communications Associate will be responsible for managing the content of relevant company webpages and social media accounts working closely with local outside firms as well as company Communications staff in Europe including assisting in retention, and management, of those external communications firms working on press relations, social media and electronic communication.
- The successful candidate will have the ability and interest to thrive within, and contribute to, a team culture that is collaborative, entrepreneurial, mutually supportive, and dedicated to producing the highest quality work products and shared success. They will have the ability and interest to foster the development of a team culture that values perspectives and experiences of people from different backgrounds to drive better decisions and improved business results.
- Provide assistance and services, as needed, to the company's Offshore Wind projects
- Assist in assessment of needs for outside consultant and technical support, procurement of such services and be primary contract manager regarding such firms
- Participate in trade association collaborations, as appropriate and as needed, regarding communications
- Prepare presentation materials, press releases, social media posts and web content when appropriate and/or work with vendors and project staff in production of such materials
- When needed, serve as point of contact with press and other external stakeholders
- Travel: Up to 25%, domestically and internationally, by plane and by car and with short notice
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or a related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; Experience with InDesign, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, and/or WordPress preferred
- Demonstrated successful project management skills, especially with teams in diverse geographic locations
- The Communications Associate will display excellent project management skills, the ability to focus and complete specific tasks, collaborate with other disciplines in a team setting, and excellent written and spoken communications skills, including meticulous proof-reading and the ability to shape visually attractive electronic and written materials. The successful candidate will have the ability to rapidly assimilate information and translate it into a form that will be broadly understood by public audiences. The person in this role will have substantial opportunity to shape and take on roles with increasing responsibility.
- Ability to quickly understand the basics of a variety of subjects relating to offshore wind projects, including resource studies, environmental and cultural studies, transmission issues, public relations, and public policy
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment
- Ability to be self-motivated and perform job tasks in a relatively unstructured environment with little supervision
- Systematic and detail-oriented approach to deliver high-quality outputs both within defined schedules and with short notice
- Demonstrated teamwork, innovation, and commitment to excellence
- Ability to progress work forward by scoping decisions and recommendations with an eye for quality decisions at the right time and escalating to the right level of decision authority
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of values and ethics, as well as confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Strong interest in environmental issues and renewable energy
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Eagerness to learn