Taylor Hopkinson has been exclusively retained to build out a project team who will develop and execute a Scotwind project for a new offshore wind consortium.
As the Communications Manager you will be a key representative for the Project Leadership team and will require experience in a senior communications role for a complex, organisation involved in development and delivery of major infrastructure projects.
This is a full-time permanent role to based in Edinburgh.
- Develop and execute communications strategies for the project.
- Coordinate and support internal and external project communications, and stakeholder management activities including public affairs.
- Build and maintain the company's reputation, profile, and brand.
- Act as the media spokesperson for the project in the absence of the Project CEO and Director.
- Produce tools and activities required to execute communications plans, e.g. briefing notes, articles, letters, press releases, tweets and occasional
- Prepare and manage crisis and emergency response measures to project issues as they arise to protect the business and the project in the public
- Remain well-informed of industry developments in the field of communications best practice across digital, press and broadcast
- Maintain a network of influencers within all forms of media associated with the development of offshore wind assets in Scotland and the wider-UK.
- Participate in the company's conference schedule and securing and preparing for speaking engagements for senior managers at key
- Engage proactively with public, government, industry bodies and associations to steer and influence industry-wide messaging to align with the company's objectives.
- Degree educated or above, or professional qualification, in a relevant discipline, such as Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- Extensive experience in the communications field at a senior level, preferably gained in the UK in an infrastructure development organisation.
- Knowledge of the energy sector, preferably in offshore wind.
- Good all-round ability to communicate complex technical information to the public and stakeholders.
- Experience in coordinating communications activities with public affairs.
- Exposure to crisis and emergency management.
- Pre-existing network of contacts within UK media and industry bodies is